How to Set-Up 2.4 GHz With My Internet
VivTech Smart Monitor Technology uses 2.4GHz internet. The reason we use this frequency is because the radiofrequency that delivers your Wi-Fi goes through solid objects the best and covers a larger area than 5 GHz (what you usually use for your phone, laptop, etc).
This article only covers the top internet providers. Each provider may be different. Information is taken directly from the internet supplier and a link provided for your ease.
The following information is directly from https://www.brightspeed.com/help/internet/wireless/which-frequency-should-you-use
1. Ensure your modem/router is set to use the same frequency by checking your specific model for compatibility and frequency capabilities. You can do this online through the link above.
2. With a dual-band router you can transmit both frequencies at the same time. Select the network (SSIDs) in the network list that ends in “”2.4G” at the end.
The following information is directly from https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/connect-to-wifi-network
1. Find your Spectrum-issued WiFi network name (SSID) and password on the equipment label on the back of the router.
2. Open the WiFi Settings on your wireless device and select the network you want (will end in 2G and share the same name as the 5G one).
3. Enter the default password on the back of the router to unlock it.
The link above also has trouble shooting techniques.
The following information is directly from https://www.t-mobile.com/support/home-internet/connect
The Gateway is set to function with both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies. If your 2.4 GHz is not already available, you can use the link about for tutorials for how to set-it up through iOS and Androids. This is the easiest method.
We recommend contacting Frontier at https://frontier.com/contact-us for assistance.
The information is found at https://www.verizon.com/onesearch/
1. Log into your router and enter your wireless settings
2. Disable SON (Self Organizing Network) which combines 2.4 and 5GHz together. The router will display two different network names for you after.
If you are having difficulty, we recommend contacting Verizon at for https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/ assistance.
Unfortunately, AT&T does not make their information public. If you have this internet provider and have questions, please visit: https://www.att.com/support/internet/ to sign in for answers.
In order to support your Xfinity questions, you will have to visit https://www.xfinity.com/hub/internet/do-i-need-dual-band-router - however, it is worth knowing beforehand if you have a single band or a dual band modem. If you have a 5G single band modem, you may not be able to utilize the 2.4GHz without contacting your provider.
If you have any problems or questions connecting to your 2.4GHz – please contact your service provider. VivTech Products is not affiliated with any of the above companies nor receiving compensation from them. This article is not an endorsement of the above companies nor a list of exclusivity.