VivTech Gateway Tutorial
This tutorial was performed on an Android device and screen shots were edited down for space.
- To add your new device, open the VivTech App on your smart phone (see ‘How to Sign Up’ if needed).
- Once the VivTech Smart Monitor Gateway is selected from the ‘Devices’ Menu, you will be prompted to connect to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Network. If your router is running 5 GHz Wi-Fi you will also have 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi.
(Enjoy the name of our Wi-Fi if you’re a Potter fan!)
- In the right hand corner, select ‘EZ Mode’ as the Set-Up Method for the VivTech Smart Monitor Gateway. The illustration displayed on the screen may vary from the actual look of the product.
- Insert the Micro USB plug into the unit and the USB plug into an appropriate power source. Unplug the unit for 10 seconds. Plug the unit back in again.
- Use the enclosed small metal blunt ended pin to press the reset button on the side of the unit for 5 seconds. Please note that the illustration on the app may differ greatly from the product.
- Ensure that the lights on the unit are blinking. This indicates that the device has effectively been reset and is ready for the next steps of connection.
- Once confirmed, your device will start the connection process. If after 2 minutes the device cannot connect successfully you will be notified and prompted to restart the process. There may have been a disruption to your internet.
- When the unit is added successfully to your VivTech App, you will be able to change the name and add a location to keep your VivTech Smart Monitor devices organized.
- You will be able to add up to 50 VivTech Smart Monitor Temperature and Humidity Smart Sensors under your VivTech Smart Monitor Gateway. In order to use the Smart Sensors, you must have a VivTech Gateway.
Thank you for joining the VivTech Era and we hope you upload a few photos of your pets to your social media and tag us at @VivTechProducts and use our hashtags #VivTechProducts #VivTechEra