VivTech Wi-Fi Plug Tutorial
This tutorial was performed on an Android device and screen shots were edited down for space.
- To add your new device, open the VivTech App on your smart phone (see ‘How to Sign Up’ if needed).
- In the right hand corner, select ‘EZ Mode’ as the Set-Up Method for the plug. The illustration displayed on the screen may vary from the actual look of the product. Make sure that the plug is placed securely into an appropriate grounded outlet.
- Press the button located on the side and power off completely (the light will turn off). Power on the plug again.
- Hold the button on the side of the plug for 5 seconds until the light is flashing. Please note that the illustration on the app may differ greatly from the product.
- Once the device is effectively reset, you will be prompted to connect to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Network. If your router is running 5 GHz Wi-Fi you will also have 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi.
(Enjoy the name of our Wi-Fi if you’re a Potter fan!)
- Once you select and connect to your 2.5 GHz Wi-Fi Network, your device will start the connection process. If after 2 minutes the device cannot connect successfully you will be notified and prompted to restart the process. There may have been a disruption to your internet.
- When the plug is added successfully to your VivTech App, you will be able to change the name and add a location to keep your VivTech Smart Monitor devices organized.
- You will be able to control ‘On/Off’ and various scheduling options through the VivTech App.
- Along with setting custom timings you can also monitor the electricity usage controlled through your VivTech Smart Monitor Wi-Fi Plug.
Thank you for joining the VivTech Era and we hope you upload a few photos of your pets to your social media and tag us at @VivTechProducts and use our hashtags #VivTechProducts #VivTechEra